|This article is about BASIL'S HOUSE. You may be looking for |
the REAL WORLD version, BASIL'S HOUSE (FARAWAY).
|BGM||A Home For Flowers (Tulip)|
During the PROLOGUE, OMORI and his friends travel to BASIL'S HOUSE to see his new seedlings. Outside of BASIL'S HOUSE, AUBREY and KEL get into a fight, which causes several pictures to be knocked out of BASIL'S PHOTO ALBUM. OMORI assists BASIL in fixing his album, after which a photo of a broken violin BASIL does not recognize falls out of the album. BASIL quickly begins to panic and OMORI is suddenly teleported into WHITE SPACE.
After returning to HEADSPACE, OMORI and his friends return to BASIL'S HOUSE only to find him missing, with nothing amiss but the formation of a small hole in the middle of the floor. As the plot progresses, the floor steadily begins to cave in and the surrounding plant life withers and dies. Upon winning the HANGMAN game, the floor will completely collapse and the pool of water around BASIL'S HOUSE will turn red. Jumping into the hole in the floor will allow OMORI to enter BLACK SPACE.
PATH TO BASIL
There are six flower patches made by BASIL himself that consists of a mechanic where the player can water BASIL's flowers every time they return to HEADSPACE. Watering them will grant boost in HP for any party member.
Over time, the flowers will decay gradually, due to BASIL being absent to take care of them.
It is recommended to water them every time the player returns to HEADSPACE for STAT boosts. The flowers located there are associated with all the main characters. The sunflowers represents BASIL, lily of the valley for MARI, gladiolus for AUBREY, roses for HERO, cactus for KEL, and lastly the tulip for SUNNY.
Watering any decayed flower associated with a party member will grant them more HP. However, OMORI can only gain hearts from the tulip, sunflower and the lily of the valley. Once OMORI and his friends enter HUMPHREY, however, the flowers can no longer be watered.
Entering the entrance to BASIL'S HOUSE will reveal an giant old shoe as his home. Inside of BASIL'S HOUSE contains his peaceful-designed room filled with plants and books. The group will first come here during the PROLOGUE to help BASIL fix his PHOTO ALBUM. If the group revisits the area after BASIL disappears, the house and its surrounding will slowly rot away, eventually revealing an entrance to BLACK SPACE after collecting all HANGMAN letters.
If the player pursues the OMORI ROUTE, then the house will revert back to its original state and now has four watermelons containing flower headbands representing each of OMORI's party members.
- BASIL'S HOUSE is one of the few explorable areas in the 2018 demo.
- This area is one of the two areas where the DUST BUNNY can be fought by inspecting the bookshelf, the other location being SMOL'S HOUSE in OTHERWORLD CAMPSITE.
- BASIL'S HOUSE is one of the six locations featured in the official OMORI website's interactive HEADSPACE game. The other areas consist of JUNKYARD, PYREFLY FOREST, SWEETHEART'S CASTLE, LAST RESORT, and MUSTARD SUB.
- In the 2018 demo, BASIL'S GRANDMA was meant to appear here as a HEADSPACE denizen. Her role was to ask OMORI and friends to help her find BASIL. This variant was scrapped but remnants of it still exist via the STRANGER at NORTH LAKE if the WTF VALUE is greater than or equal to six.
- It is revealed through here that BASIL's favorite food is TOFU, though this is only mentioned in the aforementioned demo.
- The house also originally featured "a photo of someone familiar", which only appears in the NEIGHBOR'S ROOM and JUNKYARD (if WTF ≥ 2) in the full game. This object was later removed from the house for obvious reasons regarding the game's backstory.
- The RPG MAKER MV project of the game lists the house as OLD SHOE.
- The RPG MAKER MV project of the game lists all areas with the flower patches, and the long path to BASIL'S HOUSE as PATH TO BASIL.
- Note this dialogue only exists in the 2018 demo, which contains an early build of HEADSPACE. (GRANDMA: I wonder what I should cook tonight. Ah, of course! I should make some TOFU! That's BASIL's favorite...)