|Locations||SPROUT MOLE COLONY|
|Quests||STICK IN THE MUD|
|BGM||Sugar Star Planetarium (Normal)|
CATTAIL FIELDS is a large, wide-spread field filled with various purple-colored cattail plants populating the area. It can be accessed by moving west of the OTHERWORLD ENTRANCE.
The overall structure of the fields resembles a large maze. OMORI and his party can navigate their way through the location, encountering few minor enemies that hinder their path. Up north is the entrance where the SPROUT MOLE COLONY is located within. Continuing to move west will connect to the OTHERWORLD OUTSKIRTS. Down below the fields is a mysterious barn housing one of the HANGMAN keys upon first visit.
When following STRANGER to the BARN, the location takes on a more cold, solemn atmosphere as the area becomes empty but filled with objects relating to long-lost memories SUNNY has long forgotten. The interior of the BARN contains a pink-colored portrait, which can feature SOMETHING only on the OMORI ROUTE. Other than that, the party can interact with a few NPCs to see extra dialogue or a bonus side quest. There is also multiple objects that are either discarded or abandoned, with a river continuing to stream endlessly.
After defeating and interrogating CAPT. SPACEBOY of BASIL's whereabouts, the party doesn't get any clue on where he is. Upon leaving CAPT. SPACEBOY's home, OMORI discovers a trail of red footprints leading him to the west of the OTHERWORLD ladder. The groups follows the trail, only to find a shadowy figure known as STRANGER waiting for them.
OMORI follows the figure into the CATTAIL FIELD but ends up getting separated from his friends. The area has changed significantly, as it's populated with objects hinting at vague memories with his friends. OMORI is guided to the previously-locked BARN by STRANGER, which now has a red glow coming from within. In the BARN, OMORI sees the shadow walk into a large frame, and follows it inside to a long black hallway. It leads up to a family portrait, a music stand and the "F" KEY.
Getting closer to the portrait will show a noose hanging above it. Collecting the KEY will make a sheet of music appear on the music stand, but all the notes have been scribbled out. The family portrait will also be defaced. With nowhere else to go, OMORI is forced to turn back and leave from where he entered, only for SOMETHING manifest itself and chase him. OMORI tries to escape but SOMETHING ends up catching up to him, causing a series of disturbing images to flash on screen before OMORI is sent back to WHITE SPACE.
The barn can later be revisited during ONE DAY LEFT of the OMORI ROUTE. After the reset, the large photo frame shows a reflection of SOMETHING that disappears when being interacted with. Two SALLIS can be found roaming around in here as well. Leaving the barn after interacting with the SOMETHING photo frame will render it inaccessible.
- The scattered memories foreshadows SUNNY's long lost memories that later appear through the MEMORY LANE.
- The various purple-colored cattail plants that populate the area resemble the fake plants AUBREY and BASIL made for SUNNY's TREEHOUSE in the REAL WORLD. These can be found through one of the photos from RW BASIL's PHOTO ALBUM.
- When caught by SOMETHING during the brief chase scene, BASIL can be seen wandering alone in BLACK SPACE while being stalked by his SOMETHING through brief flashes before the game sends OMORI back to WHITE SPACE.
- In the 2018 demo, the segment where OMORI goes through CATTAIL FIELD while following STRANGER is instead replaced with a short scene of SOMETHING's disembodied voice taunting him before he enters the photo frame it originally appeared in.
- In addition, the segment where OMORI enters the BARN originally depicted a vision of BASIL staring at a wall before obtaining a BLACK BOX. Using the BLACK KEY to open the box would result in SOMETHING manifesting. Unlike the full game, OMORI and party can escape the BARN but will still continue to be chased by SOMETHING. Allowing SOMETHING to catch up will end the demo.
- If one were to open up the PHOTO FRAME map (more specifically the area where the F KEY can be found), half of HELLMARI's face can be seen on the very top of the map. Because of the collision applied on the wall in the end of the hallway, the face can't be seen in-game.