If choosing the option to SAVE HIM, SUNNY will confront BASIL to stop him committing suicide. The two boys end up fighting each other, and SUNNY ends up getting his right eye stabbed in the process. Unable to continue fighting due to their injuries, both teens fall unconscious. KEL, AUBREY, and HERO soon discover their unconscious bodies and both boys are immediately sent to the hospital for recovery. There are two outcomes that can occur depending on whether SUNNY is able to overcome OMORI within his mind or not.
If the player chooses to continue against OMORI, the following outcome will occur. After playing the duet song with MARI, SUNNY is able to prevail against OMORI as the latter accepts defeat and disappears from WHITE SPACE. SUNNY awakens in the hospital crying tears of relief as he can finally stop repressing the truth. SUNNY also discovers that he has a bandage wrapped over his right eye. His hospital room is also surrounded by flowers gifted from his friends and others that he touched throughout his last three days in FARAWAY TOWN.
If the player completes all the optional sidequests for each day within FARAWAY TOWN, this will grant them the Universally Loved achievement in the form of 16 flowers.
He then steps out of his room and visions his HEADSPACE friends and STRANGER while heading over to BASIL's room. If SUNNY chooses to follow his HEADSPACE friends, this will lead him to the hospital's balcony. SUNNY will his shake his head upon interacting with the sliding glass door as he does not want to go through it. Following where STRANGER left off is the only option from here. This will lead him to BASIL's hospital room.
Upon arriving at the room, he finds KEL, AUBREY, and HERO standing beside BASIL's hospital bed. The group of friends then see SUNNY limping into the room. With enough courage and strength, SUNNY readies himself to confess the truth behind MARI's death.
If the player has made the effort to water BASIL'S flowers during each day in HEADSPACE, an additional cutscene is added after the credits. SUNNY and BASIL gaze at each other and smile as their SOMETHINGs fade away.
Regardless of how everyone else has reacted, the burden that they have shouldered for four years has lifted and they are both ready to move on. Obtaining this ending will grant the player the One more day... achievement.
If the player decides to not to continue against OMORI, this lead to the following outcome. Failing to come to terms with MARI's death, SUNNY gives in to OMORI's overwhelming presence and disappears as the latter takes control of his body. OMORI then awakens in WHITE SPACE and visits his friends in NEIGHBOR'S ROOM, who all appear strangely silent as they regroup once more.
The group heads out for more adventuring but the scene cuts forward to the hospital, where SUNNY steps out onto its balcony. Being unable to accept the truth, SUNNY commits suicide by jumping off the building. As he fails to make amends to his friends and sister, SUNNY plummets endlessly to his presumed death. Obtaining this ending will grant the player the Close your eyes... achievement.
There are a total of 16 flowers that can be obtained, each of which are given by the following people. To see more info on how to obtain all flowers, click on the character pages or a guide shown here:
- KEL, HERO, their family, and AUBREY: Obtained by default.
- CHARLENE'S FAMILY: Obtained by helping YELLOW BUN GRANNY pick up her medicine from OTHERMART on THREE DAYS LEFT (Morning).
- DAPHNE and BOWEN: Obtained by playing with them on TWO DAYS LEFT (Evening).
- THE HOOLIGANS: Obtained by default.
- JOY'S FAMILY: Obtained by tutoring JOY on THREE DAYS LEFT.
- BRENT'S FAMILY: Obtained by tutoring BRENT on THREE DAYS LEFT.
- RED-GLASSES LADY: Obtained by helping her find her GARDEN SHEARS by the sidewalk of her house on THREE DAYS LEFT (Morning).
- ARTIST: Obtained by giving her advice on her art for three times (THREE DAYS LEFT) or finding ANGEL at HOBBEEZ to tell him to return back home (ONE DAY LEFT).
- SHOPKEEP: Obtained by default.
- BEBE'S FAMILY: Obtained by helping FASHIONABLE MOM buy the FLOOR LAMP on TWO DAYS LEFT (Evening).
- GRUFF GUY: Obtained by interacting with him and going to his house to watch him attempt to fix a leak every morning for all three days.
- JESSE and JESSE'S DAD: Obtained by helping JESSE'S DAD choose a present for his son's birthday on THREE DAYS LEFT (Evening), and encouraging JESSE to spend time with his dad on TWO DAYS LEFT (Evening).
- SEAN and KAREN: Obtained by interacting with them on THREE DAYS LEFT and cooking for them on ONE DAY LEFT (Morning).
- SARAH'S FAMILY: Obtained by helping CLUMSY GUY get his anniversary ring out of the sink on THREE DAYS LEFT (Evening), and later helping him and his wife resolve their conflict on TWO DAYS LEFT (Evening).
- CRIS'S FAMILY: Obtained by helping CRIS'S DAD find his TV REMOTE on all three days.
- MINCY: Obtained by interacting with her at the locations she's located at for all three days, both morning and evening segments.
- The HOSPITAL's BGM Clean State is a more somber-toned version of Good For Health, Bad for Imagination, which plays in TV GIRL's room and OTHERMART's pharmacy.
- The location of SUNNY and BASIL's rooms in the hospital is a reference to their houses in FARAWAY TOWN.
- The song My Time, which plays during the BAD ENDING, is also used for the 2014 trailer of the game.
- There is an unused version of the cutscene meant for the GOOD ENDING. The difference is that the scene where SUNNY limps into BASIL's hospital room is extended and the unused portrait for SUNNY is used as well. There are also no hand-drawn cutscenes that play out.
- There are unused events that allow SUNNY to travel between the hallway and the balcony through the sliding glass door.
- There was originally going to be extra dialogue from farawaytown_extra_endings that plays during the BAD ENDING. When arriving at the hospital's balcony, SUNNY would originally vision his HEADSPACE friends calling out to him before jumping down to commit suicide.